Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Photo Challenge Favorites

I've been participating in a photo challenge since December and I wanted to share a few of my favorite shots from the past few weeks.


Industrial park N. Salt Lake on a drizzly January morning.


Terrible Nutella filled crescent rolls. So bland and uninspired... but gorgeous! What a waste of all that homemade nutella!


We've been getting lots of snow. It makes our bushes so pretty.


I took oodles of pictures of our breakfasts all month and they were all boring. Oh look! A macro shot of oatmeal! I wanted something that told a story a bit more. This one is from today. I was baking muffins at 6:00 AM, coffee was brewing. I hope this photo captures the mood and industry.


This was the sunrise over our mountains. We were taking the boys to a swim meet very early in the morning and we had to pull over and attempt to capture the glory above us.


I've been making this Honey Whole Wheat Multi-grain Bread every day. Our freezer is finally full again and I love feeding my family all that 10 grain cereal and fresh ground wheat.



When I pulled out the bulk Valentine mix from Winco each of my boys, when they saw it, exclaimed, "That's my favorite!" We look forward to this the way most people look forward to Girl Scout Cookies or Starbucks Peppermint Mochas. It's so good.


This is about a two minute walk from our front porch. While I can't for the life of me capture how incredible it is to live in the mountains, I think this picture will give you an idea of what it's like.



It all starts with proofing the yeast...


Yeah... went a little nuts on the photo editing but it's pretty cool, right? Our house is the one at about ten o'clock.


There was a huge snow storm this weekend. We were very fortunate to follow a plow up the mountain. It made driving so much safer and less scary.

~~~

Thank you for the good wishes regarding my TOSH appointment. It was interesting. (Skip to the next paragraph if you're squeamish.) I had standing x-rays done and the two doctors we consulted both saw a serious structural, anatomical problem with my foot. My options are to have PT to repair the torn muscles and ligaments but to keep getting injured frequently and to not run or I can have my left foot restructured by cutting a wedge of bone out of my arch to lower it and then cutting my heel apart and putting it back in a slightly different position. After the recovery, I should be better than new and able to run again.

Scary!

So I'm going to do Bikram Yoga (my new obsession) and PT and see what sort of progress I can make on my own and take a good long time making my decision. This does explain why I've been 'falling off my feet' for as long as I can remember and why I wear out the sides of my shoes, not the bottoms.


1 comment:

Michelle Hernandez said...

I LOVE photo posts! These are fantastic! The first one is so moody! I would be TOTALLY taken in by those rolls too! Perhaps some melted butter would have saved them? :)