Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mixed Media Hearts


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! I got incredibly sick and am only recovering now.  We were all so ill that the ingredients for Christmas dinner rotted in the fridge - that's sick! My DH took eleven days off for us to finally have a vacation and we spent the whole thing in bed or on the couch. To top it off, I took a truly impressive crash yesterday (where is one of those helmet cams when I need one - it would have got a bazillion hits on YouTube. LOL) and re-injured my broken/sprained/torn ligament left foot (it's HUGE), bruised my palm (it's brown/black), injured my shoulder and skinned the heck out of my knee.

And I spilled my Izze... grapefruit... I was REALLY looking forward to it so hopefully my sweetheart will hook me up with one tonight. *grin*

Anyhow... unlike last injury I'm trying to stay active and creative even though I hurt like Hades. So I started back at working my way through Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's wonderful It's Sew Easy Mixed Media Sewing Class.  Please don't judge her class based on the quality of my projects... I'm really not-so-hot at sewing and need to take several cracks at the simplest things. Fortunately, I make up for it with fearlessness and color.




Wouldn't these be great for One Little Word? Any of you doing OLW this year? Leave me a comment telling me what word you picked. I love hearing everyone's choices.

Speaking of bandwagons *grin* I've been doing Project Life for a few months but haven't posted any of it because I read daily backlash about how everyone is sick as hell of seeing everyone else's pages. Am I right to keep these off the blog or would you like to see them?

IMHO, I'm tired of everyone using the exact same configuration (Becky Higgins "Design A") so I use the We R Memory Keepers mixed divider packs. It keeps it interesting and challenging. They look like this:
Then I just add random crap supplies from my stash like painted paper and wash tape. It's fun and not too daunting. So please, weigh in on if I should post these or keep them to myself. My feelings won't be hurt.

Wow! I've missed you and I've missed this. More to follow and love to everyone. 


7 comments:

donna!ee said...

so sorry to hear you've been sick & injured BUT so glad all is on the mend. i'd like you to share a glimpse into your project life. really diggin your mixed media sewing...love the colors & content. 2012 perspective for me is...my OWL is harmony AND my hymn is It Is Well With My Soul AND my Scripture is Mark 5:25-34...in particular verse 34. know you are prayed for & supported, always! :)

itsallrosi said...

sorry to hear you fell!

love the little hearts. and I didn't know people were complaining about seeing PL. I like seeing it! I bought Becky's mix of page protectors b/c I thought I'd like the mix, but it does require a little more think time. I like in your set the one with 12 4x4's. I wish Becky's had one like that.

Mitralee said...

My one little word is bedrock and it's on a blog post of mine somewhere! Love your hearts and dad to hear you got hurt! I enjoy anything you share!

milkcan said...

Love the hearts! Especially the pretty contrast stitching!

Carmen said...

Oh no :( What rotten luck. Hope you manage to have a belated Christmas of some kind!

I didn't pick a word - I picked a quote and will be trying to live up to that this year: http://whoopidooings.blogspot.com/2012/01/life-motto.html

Love your little hearts and yes, I for one would love to see your project life (or your version of) as I'm trying to do something similar but also just cobbling it together.

Unknown said...

Okay. So. I can't get over the fact that you spilt your grapefruit Izzy. My FAVORITE!!! lol ... It's still bothering me....

SuzieQ said...

Post away girl - if people don't want to see they don't have to look. Can you ever see enough crafty stuff???? ;)