Thursday, May 20, 2010

Planters and Mac and Cheese

When I saw Amy at Positively Splendid's planters I knew it was just the thing to spruce up our front porch (remember, the relatives are coming). I had most everything but the largest pots on hand so this came together in no time at all. What do you think?


If you want to make one just click on the Positively Splendid link above; Amy lays it out in easy to follow steps. 

Another neat thing I found was a great recipe for Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese on Monkey See- Monkey Do. It makes my mouth water just looking at it. We've had it twice since Yolanda posted the recipe and I barely got this picture before it was all gone. So delicious!


And finally, we had this one straggly looking tomato that was too feeble to plant outside so I experimented with the sub-irrigation planters:




Here's a close-up:



Ironically, this once near-dead wisp of a tomato is the only one that survived and it's huge now. Yay! In case you're wondering, the penny keeps the water from growing slime. Our youngest loved watching the bottle fill up with roots. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool idea with the sub-irrigation! Your planters look lovely.

Maggi said...

That sub-irrigation looks cool! And yummy mac and cheese, yay! :D The planter is too cute, great idea!